No my house is not closed yet....and I am not sure when it will close. I was anticipating a call on wed from my loan officer to say, "congratulations, the house is closed!" But nope, that's not the call I got. The call I got went more like..."well I can't believe this happened but the underwriter screwed up and they have to re-do your loan completely." So with that said I will let you all know when it closes, but I'm not sure how soon or late that'll be.
I now understand why buying a house is so stressful. There are so many things that happen that are completely out of your control and you just have to roll with the punches. It's so expensive too! The only advice I can give to anyone buying a foreclosure, "as-is" property: Don't pay to have all of the pointless inspections done that they tell you to. It'll only be more money that you feel like you are throwing into the wind. I'm just hoping that the day I actually own the property I will feel that it's all been worth it. I'm crossing my fingers.
Sunday, December 14, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Tell me about it! There are so many things you need to put money into that you would never think, or you forget until it comes up! We're still working on so many things gradually! I think with your house, you probably didn't need to have an inspection since it a newer home. As for us, it being a WAY older house, it was best to do an inspection, bc there were lots of things we needed to do right away, even before we moved in. Pipes, electrical panels, sprinklers blah blah blah. But I guess that goes with buying an older house. Good luck! let me know what happens.
Ohmygosh Ohmygosh Ohmygosh! I am so excited you have a blog! Ohmygosh! =) XOXO
Post a Comment